The April Roundup
A few helpful resources/tips for making better choices for our health, homes, and planet.
Health: A recipe for a DIY All-purpose Cleaner that is zero-waste and chemical-free.
First, make an infused vinegar.
Add citrus peels and herbs to jar.
Fill with white distilled vinegar.
Cover and let sit for 2-4 weeks.
Scent Options: lemon and rosemary, orange and cloves, orange and cinnamon, lemon and mint
Home: 5 indoor plants that will help purify the air in your home.
Plants are so magical! They respond to kind words, help improve mental health and sleep, and can even detox our homes. Here are a few of my favorites:
- English Ivy is easy to grow and one of the best air-purifying plants for bathrooms.
- Snake Plants release oxygen at night, and filter the air of formaldehyde, xylene, benzene, toluene, and trichloroethylene.
- Spider Plants help detox your home from carbon monoxide and xylene.
- Rubber Plants are recommended by NASA for their air-purifying abilities, but keep in mind that they are toxic to cats & dogs.
- Pothos will thrive anywhere in the house. Easy to take care of and they clean the air!
The Rainforest Alliance is an international organization that advocates sustainable forestry, sustainable agriculture, and human rights. They are a wonderful resource for consumers and communities.
I highly recommend reading their article on '5 Critical Climate Actions You Can Take Right Now.'
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.