A set of 12 handmade 'paper' towels, wrapped around a kraft paper tube.
- Napkins are made from 1 ply of soft and lightweight 100% cotton flannel.
- Each roll includes 12 assorted prints of reusable towel napkins, pre-wrapped around a kraft paper tube.
- All edges of each napkins are serged for durability and professional finish.
- Machine wash on cold. Tumble dry low is recommended.
- Please wash before first use.
- Each napkin is 9 in. x 12 in.
Please note: each set includes 12 towel napkins, each of a different print.
Earth-friendly alternative to: single use paper towels
Why make the switch?
Paper towels/napkins are incredibly harmful to the environment to produce and degrade, and they create a lot of waste. It is estimated that globally, we produce 254 tons of paper towel waste per year. And it gets worse:
- Paper towels cannot be recycled, and produce methane gas while decomposing in landfills(†). Methane gas is strongly implicated as one of the main contributors to climate change.
- The U.S. alone uses 13 billion pounds of paper towels every year(‡). Over 110 million trees are cut, and 130 billion gallons of water are used to keep up with this demand.
There is a carbon cost to transporting the trees to mills, and the paper towels to stores and our homes.
- Most paper towels are packaged in plastic, which does not biodegrade.
Care instructions: Machine wash on cold, non-chlorine bleach, tumble dry low, cool iron.
Meet the Maker:
Oakpo Paper Co. is a woman-owned business based in Oakland, CA. The products she creates focus on sustainability "so that we can leave a healthy Earth for the future".