As someone who likes to travel with their ice-cold drinks from room to room, coasters are a must for me. And while I easily have 3 or 4 sets spread out all over our house, is there really such a thing as too many coasters? My furniture would agree with me that the answer is "No!" So... not wanting to pass up a perfectly good DIY opportunity, I thought it'd be fun to make a set for our Salt + Sirena office using photos from our rebranding look book.
I love how they turned out! I didn't consult a specific tutorial for these since I've done similar projects before, so I'll quickly summarize the supplies needed and the steps I did.
4 x 4 white, ceramic tiles (from Home Depot)
Foam paint brush
Matte Clear Enamel spray (Optional)
3/8 in. self-adhesive felt pads
1. Apply a "vintage-looking" filter to your selected photos and have them printed in wallet-size. The filter is all preference, so pick one that compliments your photos!
2. Once you have the photos, glue each one to a ceramic tile using Mod Podge. Leave equal amounts of space on the top, right and left of the photo and four times as much space under the photo, so that it looks like a Polaroid. It's important to let these completely dry before moving on.
3. Add one or two layers of Mod Podge over the entire tile, letting it dry in between. I like to swipe in diagonal motions (not side-to-side). This is because even though Mod Podge dries clear, you'll still be able to see your strokes.
4. Optional - Once dry, spray each tile with Rust-oleum's "Matte Clear Enamel" for extra protection. Try to spray as evenly as possible since this enamel is very sticky. Let dry.
5. Turn each tile over and place a felt pad on each corner to protect your furniture from the scratchy ceramic. And voila - all done!
Using your own photos, wouldn't these make such a great gift?! Perfect for a house-warming or engagement party.
I'd love to hear if anyone gives these a try! Thank you so much for reading! xoxo, Jess
Comments will be approved before showing up.