1 shot of white tequila (Hornitos brand recommended)
1 can of Squirt grapefruit soda
Himalayan pink salt, to taste
I thought it'd be fun to kick off summer with my dad's "famous" Paloma recipe! I consider the Paloma to be the most underrated tequila drink of all time! I think this is because most restaurants and bars use grapefruit juice, instead of soda, and that's what really makes this drink refreshing and perfect for summer get-togethers! This is how we make them:
1. Fill up a tall glass with ice, and squeeze half a lime in it.
2. Add 1 pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt (sea salt works well, too). My salt shaker from Costco has a built-in grinder, and I like to give it four little twists.
3. Add 1 shot of white tequila, and mix together with a stirrer.
4. Fill up the glass with Squirt, and mix again. I can usually make two drinks with one can of soda.
5. Taste and add more lime and/or salt, as desired. I usually like to add another squeeze of lime, and another 2-3 twists of pink salt, but that's because I LOVE lime and salt. My hubby, on the other hand, doesn't like the salt as much, and he prefers I not add anything at this step.
6. Garnish with a lime or grapefruit wedge, and enjoy!
So yum! I've gotten pretty good at making these drinks, but honestly, no one makes them like my dad! I'm not sure why his always turn out the best; I literally stand behind him and watch everything he does! Haha! I'd love to hear if anyone gives this a try!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.